- 1 Box of Super Washing Soda approximately $5.00.
- Consider you only need 1 cup to make 3 gallons of soap.
- 2 Bars of Zote soap approximately $1.00 each.
- These figures are based on calculations I did a couple of years ago.
- Prices have really gone up, so I don't know how much it would cost on today's market.
- I bought mine online and bought a lot that I am still using up because I live in a small town and stores here don't have the Washing Soda.
Step 1: Ingredients And Tools
- 1 Box Super Washing Soda.
- 2 Bars of grated Zote bar soap.
- 3 Gallons hot water.
- 1 Plastic milk jug.
- 1 Five Gallon bucket with lid.
- 1 Cheese grater.
- 1 ladle.
- 1 Slotted long handled spoon.
- 1 Long handled whisk.
- 1 Cup measuring cup.
- 1 large pan.
- 1 Plate.
If you go to the Arm & Hammer website they have a zip code search where you can buy the Washing Soda. Here is the link: http://www.armandhammer.com/Products/WhereToBuy.aspx.
I have found Super Washing Soda at:
Albertsons, Hardware stores, Brookshire's, and in some Walmart stores.
Zote soap I have found at Big lots, Lawrence Brother's Market, Walmart, and Farmer's Market in my area.
A product search online will prove beneficial.