Introduction: Simple Wired 2 Motor Control Joystick
so have fun building the two motor control joystick!
Step 1: The Idea
on the schematic i use 1-pole pushbuttons (0.20euro/unit), but that's only because the 2-pole ones were too expensive (3euro/unit). so i had to group them to change the polarity. i also used a bit different schematic, but only because i didn't know, that these pushbuttons have 4 usable pins(you'll see what i mean on the 3th step). this schematic work too, but it can be a bit more complicated to build.
Step 2: Parts
2. 8x 1-pole pushbuttons or 4x 2-pole push buttons
everything else depends on your scrap collection :)
Step 3: Soldering
2. put the pushbuttons on the breadboard, like on the picture. the distance between 2 oppisite pairs of buttons depends on the size of part 7*. part 7 shoud barelly touch the buttons, when it's in the middle.
3. solder the push buttons
4. solder the wires on the back side(pic 2).
you have to test the pins first and find the best way to connet them after you are sure what every one of them do. feel free to ask, if you don't get the idea
- part7 - sorry, but i don't know the word (look step 2)
Step 4: Connecting the Buttons
1. stick hard plastic, metal or wood on the top of every to pairs(thay have to be pushed together) (pic 1)
2. stick small nails in the middle (use super glue) (pic 2)
3. make holes on the breadboard for the screws (pic 3)
4. connect the wires to the OUT and IN connections. i used 2 of the screws for IN and part11(pic5) for OUT (pic 4)
Step 5: Making the Basis/box
find some box or use a piece of wood, metal or hard plastic for basis. drill holes in the same distance like on the breadboard. put the screws in them and stick part7 over the main hole
Step 6: Last Step
1. attach the breadboard (pic1)
2. use the second part7 to make the stick (pic 2)
3. put everything together
4. you are done! now you can control every toy which uses 1 or 2 motors(cars, small robots, etc.).
it's not a bad idea to test the schematic before you put everything together. it saves time! :p
have fun with your joystick!