Introduction: 20 Minutes Jar Light
Last summer I was sitting in my garden, talking to my mum. It was getting dark and we didn't have a nice light. We had a candle but it was windy, so we came up with this wonderfully easy to make idea of a light in a jar.
Since then I have made more and they are all fun to make AND fun to look at. They also work beautifully as nightlights and you can even use them in the rain.
Step 1: This Is What You Need:
- a glass jar with a lid wide enough to fit the LED lamp in the centre
- a LED push-on-push-off lamp
- decoration of your choice (I love little plastic animals, so I used those)
- sand ( I use white deco sand because it reflects the light perfectly)
- glue to fix your deco in place in the jar
Stick or glue the LED lamp right in the middle of the lid of your jar.
Put glue on the feet of your plastic animal or on the bottom of the deco of your choice and stick it into the jar.
Fill in your deco sand. I make myself a cone out of a piece of paper. That way I can control where the sand rushes. Put the lid back on. Wait for darkness.
Step 5: ENJOY!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.