This is my first instructable and I am 14, so any constructive criticism or comments are encouraged. I am entering the battery powered contest, so be sure to vote for me!
Step 1: The Parts and Tools.
1. Any 2.5" HDD
2. A clock movement, long enough to go through your chosen Hard Drive.
3. Hands for the movement.
4. An AA battery.
5. Old RAM for a frame (optional)
1. Torx t8 and t7 screwdrivers (for the drive casing and fasteners).
2. A small philips scre driver (for the drive PCB).
3. A pair of pliers.
4. A 1/8" pin punch. (for the dismantling the motor)
5. A rubber hammer. (for the pin punch)
6. A drill and 7-7.5mm metal bits.
7. Glue for the frame (optional)
8. Bolts for holding the frame (optional)