This is my first instructable and I am 14, so any constructive criticism or comments are encouraged. I am entering the battery powered contest, so be sure to vote for me!
Step 1: The Parts and Tools.
1. Any 2.5" HDD
2. A clock movement, long enough to go through your chosen Hard Drive.
3. Hands for the movement.
4. An AA battery.
5. Old RAM for a frame (optional)
1. Torx t8 and t7 screwdrivers (for the drive casing and fasteners).
2. A small philips scre driver (for the drive PCB).
3. A pair of pliers.
4. A 1/8" pin punch. (for the dismantling the motor)
5. A rubber hammer. (for the pin punch)
6. A drill and 7-7.5mm metal bits.
7. Glue for the frame (optional)
8. Bolts for holding the frame (optional)
Step 2: Dismantling the drive.
Step 3: Drilling the holes.
Chose a drill bit the same size or 0.5mm bigger than your movement spindle. Remove the top of the motor from the motor, with pliers or fingers, drill down the center, do the same with the other side of the motor, on the casing with the copper coils.