Introduction: 2x4 Letter/Pen/Key Holder
An easy to make 2x4 letter/pen/key holder that is wall mounted. Just a 2x4, L screws and stain.
Step 1: Cut/Measure and Cut Again
1. Cut a 2x4 about 12" long.
2. Mark the side of the 2x4 in one inch increments 8 marks will do. Starting about two inches from one end of 2x4.
3.. Adjust your saw blade at a 35 degree angle and cut the 2x4 across where the 8 marks are.
Step 2: Sand the 2x4
1. Sand the front, sides and the back if desired.
Step 3: Drill Pen and Mounting Hole
1. Drill the pen/pencil holes at about 30 degrees 3/4" deep at the top of the 2x4.
2. Drill a hole for the mounting screw close to the top backside of the 2x4.
Step 4: Install L Screws and Stain or Paint
1. Install 3 or 4 L screws in the front of the 2x4 about an inch from the bottom
2. Stain or paint the project.