Introduction: 3 DIY Ideas Using Drinking Straws
There are many components lying in and around the house that can be used for more than one purposes. Drinking straws are one such objects that offer and solve multiple purposes.
In this Instructable, i decided to show few ways that use drinking straws for purposes other than drinking. We will learn about 3 awesome DIY Ideas that can be useful to anyone just with few drinking straws.
Step 1: Watch the Video
A video is a wonderful tool that provides deep insight into the understanding of the procedure. However, also visit next steps for additional information and images.
Step 2: Materials Required
- Ice cream sticks - http://amzn.to/2ul2vVK
- Double Sided Tape - http://amzn.to/2npM6rb
- Hot Glue Gun - http://amzn.to/2rDrNZp
- Double Sided Tape - https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1...
- Ice cream sticks - https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1...
- Hot Glue Gun - https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1...
- Double Sided Tape - http://amzn.to/2n9SjLI
- Ice cream sticks - http://amzn.to/2vL5pmD
- Hot Glue Gun - http://amzn.to/2qIzwWN
From Home & Local Store: Drinking Straws (Bendable)
Step 3: Let's Begin: a Toothbrush Holder
- Cut few small pieces of about an inch from the straw using scissors.
- Take an ice cream stick and using hot glue, paste all the small pieces of straw on the stick equally placed at a distanced of about an inch.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the straw pieces from the front surface as can be seen in the images attached above.
- Apply some pieces of double sided tape at the back of Ice cream sticks.
- Using double sided tape, paste the stick with straw pieces on a bathroom wall.
The DIY toothbrush holder is now ready. It is a very useful and easy to do Life Hack. Any number of straw pieces can be attached to multiple ice cream sticks to accommodate any number of toothbrush.
Step 4: A Modified Mobile Flashlight
The Flashlight in mobiles is very useful in case of emergency as well as to perform some tasks in dark like looking for fallen keys in car or turning it ON in a room during power cuts. However, a flashlight is very directional and does not provide optimum light in all directions in a room.
You can use this modification on a mobile flashlight using a straw to make it omnidirectional:
- Using a sharp knife, cut the edges of the straw, so they resemble a blossomed flower.
- Using Cellophane or masking tape, paste the straw over the LED of the mobile flashlight.
- Now, turn ON the flashlight and place the mobile inverted on a table.
Due to this Life Hack idea, the mobile will now spread light in all directions evenly.
Step 5: DIY Mobile Holder
Ever felt tired holding a mobile phone in hands while watching a movie or doing video calls? Worry no more, this Life Hack will help you make an efficient Mobile holder at home just using drinking straws.
- Take 4 bendable drinking straws and place all of them at a distance of about half an inch from eachother.
- Cut few small pieces of straw and using hot glue, paste the small pieces over the straws to hold them together as can be seen in attached images as well as the video.
- Bend all the straws and using hot glue, paste a small piece to hold the bent straws together.
- Make some straws at the back to provide support and make the stand sturdy to be able to hold a mobile phone.
Our Mobile Holder & Stand is now ready, it can be made to accommodate a mobile phone of any size and is very useful during video calls and watching movies.
Step 6: Finishing the Instructable
The above mentioned were 3 wonderful DIY ideas to recycle and reuse drinking straws. Most of all, they are all useful and possible with absolutely no cost.
So, Friends this here concludes the instructable that shows 3 DIY ideas using Drinking Straws. Stay tuned and don't forget to follow me to receive regular updates. In case, you might have missed, have a look at the video and see how i used the straws for these Awesome Ideas.