A ghoulish idea for your next Halloween party! These macabre 3 ingredient shortbread cookies bake in under 30 minutes.
Makes approximately 12-15 cookies
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- red food coloring
- hatchet cookie cutter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar.
- Add flour and mix until it forms a soft dough. It will be crumbly but keep mixing and it will form into a dough. Form into a ball. Roll dough out to ¼ inch thick on a floured surface.
- Use the cookie cutter to cut out shapes and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until cookies are light golden brown. Let cool completely and drizzle food coloring on edge of each cookie and smear onto the edge of the hatchet cookie.