Introduction: 3 Ingredients Balm
First Prize in the
Home Remedies Challenge
I love this balm so much. This simple balm just using 3 best ingredients and it perfect as a natural solution for skin problem. It's moisturizes and soothes the dry skin, bug bites, speed healing, rashes, flaking skin and also gentle the wrinkles.
These 3 ingredients are suitable and save enought to use for the whole family including your pet.
Step 1: Ingredients
3 tbsp virgin coconut oil
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp beeswax
Small glass jar or recycle tin can
I still have some from my previouse batch. So i make small batch only this time. If you like to make more, just multiply the ingredient.
You may use other oil to replace coconut oil like olive oil, sweet almond oil etc.
I like the coconut oil as it has the sweet smell of the coconut. The smell is just nice. I do not need to add any essention oil.
Step 2: Preparation
1. Heat some water in the soucepan over medium-low burner.
2. Combine the coconut oil and beeswax in the jar or tin can. Put the jar or can into the soucepan (double boiling) until the beeswax has melted.
3. Remove from heat and add in the honey.
4. Continue stirring for about 2 minutes. If you make more, you may need to stir longer. Allow the mixture to sit for about 2 minutes to thicken and continue stir again for another 2 minutes. This will help the honey to mix well in the mixture.
5. You will get very soft, gentle ointment balm. If you want a bit firmer, you may want to add some extra beeswax.
6. Once you satisfied with the balm consistency, pour the balm into the jar. Keep out of direct sunlight.
The balm also save to keep in plastic container.
Step 3: Use It!
Use it when needed. It is save to be use for the whole family. Use it for skin irritation or daily use for general moisturizing.
For your pet, apply at the hotspot, dry skin, paws etc. This is one way to give them healthy skin. It's save, natural and no chemical at all.
This is simple, easy to make and the best balm ever.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.