and it costs only 3 dollars! (atleast in my country)
Step 1: Materials and Tools
- A box to enlighten. (Free)
- A4 Paper (Free)
- Scissors (Free)
- Pencil (Free)
- Ruler (Free)
- Glue stick (Free)
- Knife/Something to cut the box (Free)
- Ceiling LED light w/ 12V adapter (200INR/3$) PS. I find the square ones better for the purpose. there are cheaper no brand ones and more expensive branded ones (ex. by Philips) the branded ones have a much cooler color and are much brighter but cost ~500INR/10$. They all come in a standard size.
Step 2: Preparing the Box
Measure the LED internally and mark the distance where the plastic starts getting a height, cut according to the internal lines. this will ensure a snug fit inside the box.
Start by making the hole a bit smaller, try mounting the led and cutt it down to the LED size, this will ensure that you can get a good fit.
You can also mount it on the top, but securing it there is gonna be a problem.
Step 3: Inside the Box
My box had the perfect size to fit the A4 sheets :D
Step 4: Fitting It In
connect the 12V adapter (or stick it there with double tape) and power it on!
The lightbox is ready to shed some light.
Step 5: Photos
These photo's were taken with my Redmi 2 Prime, which does not have a great camera.
Step 6: Improvements
1. Using higher quality LEDs.
2. Using a wood box.
3. Using foam board instead of paper.
4. Mounting it on the top and a higher box.
You can make you photos better by fiddling with the exposure and other settings.