Like most people, I eat with my eyes, so I try to make my meals colorful (these recipes all play on the colors of the Italian flag, part of my heritage). I hope you find these cheap, quick, easy recipes helpful!
Step 1: Feta Watermelon Salad
Publix Organic Baby Spinach
Publix Watermelon Chunks
1. Fill your bowl halfway with washed baby spinach.
2. Fill the rest of the bowl with juicy, red watermelon chunks.
3. Sprinkle the feta and enjoy!
4. If you want some extra flavor, balsamic vinegar makes a great dressing!
Step 2: Mushroom Stir Fry Appetizer
Publix gourmet mushroom blend (oyster, shiitake, portobello)
Village Farms' Heavenly Villagio Marzano tomatoes
Publix baby spinach
1. Coat a frying pan with extra virgin olive oil and out on medium-high heat on stovetop.
2. Throw in your mushrooms and let one side fry until golden brown.
3. While the mushrooms are cooking, slice your tomatoes in half and add them to the pan.
(Be careful to wear an apron, some seeds could shoot out in the heat.)
4. Using tongs, flip over the mushrooms, and let them cook.
5. Flip over the tomatoes.
6. Add the spinach and let it absorb the oil and heat up but be careful not to overcook.
7. Plate and enjoy!
Step 3: Pasta Entrees
Rice Select Tri-Color Orzo
Rice Select Pearl Couscous
One Sweet Tomato bin
Publix Baby Spinach
1. Cook the grain as directed on the packaging.
2. Add tomato halves and spinach at the end of cooking.
3. Plate and enjoy!