The 2 light stands cost me $31 (total for both) including the clamp lights. They are made out of PVC and 3/4" dowels.
You can point the lights in any direction, and move them any distance from the floor, up to about 74" high.
Step 1: Tools-n-parts
- Saw (to cut wooden dowels and PVC pipe)
- Pocket knife or boxcutter
- Hammer, sidewalk or cement floor
All parts are available at Lowe's, Home Depot, etc. (I also hit a dollar store)
Parts needed to build 2 light rigs:
- Three 3/4" dowel rods
- One piece of 3/4" x 10' PVC pipe
- Two PVC couplings (3/4")
- Six PVC tee intersections (3/4")
- 2 small C clamps (just big enough to clamp onto dowel) (I got mine at dollar store)
- String or small chain
- 2 cheap brown electrical extension cords