During my Introduction to Business class the students will construct a 3-dimentional model of their proposed business. The model will include the specific location in the students city, they will add adjacent buildings, streets, fields, or possible demolitions, and reconstructions or constructions that will need to take place for their business to be successful and built to city code. The students will have had prior lessons on marketing, how the location is vital for a business, budgeting, insurance, business costs, real estate terms and the many types of businesses.
Step 1: Step One: Gathering Supplies
Supplies that are needed to build the 3-D models.
Students will use all the supplies to create their business's, tree's, grass, streets, parks, hotels, etc..
1) Cardboard: Each student will need a large piece of card board as their frame work to build thier 3-D model on.
2) Glue & Glue Sticks
4) Construction paper of all colors
5) popsicle sticks
6) Empty food boxes of many different sizes
7) Computer with colored printer to print off pictures of the antisipated location for the students to look at while building, you can also use google maps to locate the area.
8) Pens, pencils & Markers
9) Each student will need an e-mail to correspond with realtors, city officials and insurers
10) classroom telephone for phone calls to researched industries
11) Toilet paper/ paper towel cardboard centers