Introduction: 3D CAD Modeler, ABS Material Separation Fix
So here is a neat trick that I found out about that I wanted to share.
Step 1: The Setup
- 100% Acetone, ie: nail polish
- ABS scrap, ie: raft or small pieces of ABS off the spool
- Disposable Gloves, tweezers, and plastic silverware (for application)
- Disposable container for making the slurry
Step 2: Make Slurry and Apply As Need
- Add Acetone and ABS together, and tip up your container to create a pool on one side of the dish. There is no formula here, just add some acetone lets say two tablespoons and add a couple of small pieces of ABS to fill up the pool of acetone.
- IT REALLY SMELLS, I recommend doing it outside with plenty of ventilation.
- After you get a consistency like a paste apply to cracks
- I have used blue tape to the back of the part and leveled the part
- Add slurry till it slightly overflows
- Allow to dry/set - time varies
- Use sand paper to smooth - Start with 100 grit and go 200 grit for nice finish