Introduction: 3D CAD Tutorial - Loft Feature - #2 - Loft-Vase-1
http://www.alibre.com/xpress/?source=www.aircraft-computational.comIn this Tutorial, you will gain additional 3D CAD experience with Alibre Design, by using the Loft Feature to create a Lofted Vase, with 3 Swept Legs added, introducing you to the Sweep Feature also.
If you would like to try this and don't yet have acopy of Alibre Design, you can get the Alibre Design Trial, or Alibre Design Express. Text Only versions of these tutorials are on my Alibre Design Tutorials Site.
In the next step, you will have a pdf file - open this to do the tutorial.
You will start out by being shown Launching of Alibre Design, selecting Work Offline, opening and Maximizing the size of a New Part workspace, and setting up some Properties for elements of the work space, and also Options - including Grid selections, Color Scheme, and standard defaults.
I then show you creating a series of 4 sketches, each on a different plane (3 new planes created), Loft them, adding the legs using the sweep feature and pattern feature, and hollow out the Vase with the Shell feature. Finally adding simple colors and reflective properties, insert and view a 3D Section, and saving the file.
Continue on to the next step for the Tutorial!
Step 1: 3D CAD Tutorial - Loft Feature - #1 - Loft-Vase-1 - Instructions
Follow the content in the pdf below for the complete Tutorial on this Loft-Vase-1 Model.
Elements covered in the sketch include:
- Activate Sketch, Ellipse, Using lines for reference,
- Select, Delete and Paste using Clipboard,
- Circle, Referencing the Origin to constrain the Radius,
- Using the Cursor feedback as the Dimensioning guide,
- Zoom to Window, Dimensioning and editing Dimension,
- Line, Constraint (Coincident), Circular Arc (types),
- Trim Figure, Project to Sketch
Elements covered in the Loft Feature Include:
- Selecting Sketches (Cross Sections) to Loft
- Selecting Type of Surface Control (Tangent or Take-Off)
- Feature Labeling choices
Creating an Extrusion for reference, and Deleting it.
Elements covered in the Sweep Boss feature Include:
- Sketch to Sweep selection, Path Object selection,
- Sweep Type selection, Default Draft Angle,
- Labeling choices
Elements covered in the Pattern feature Include:
- Linear/Circular selection, Features to Pattern,
- Pattern Geometry selection, Center, Copies, Angle,
- Labeling Choices
Elements covered in the Shell feature Include:
- Faces to Remove, Standard thickness
Also covered is the creation of, and inserting of, New Planes, selecting Offset Values for Distance, Inserting 3D Section Views, Filleting, Using the Mouse to control View.
Proceed on to the PDF file for the complete details and instructions.
Step 2: 3D CAD Tutorial - Loft #2 - Completed - Feedback
You have completed this Loft-Vase Tutorial!
Please feel free to [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=Instructables_Loft-Vase-Complete send me an email] to let me know what you liked in it.