Introduction: 3D Printed Flipper Crossbow
Bigger, better and fully 3D printed flipper crossbow. Based on the woodlands survival flipper (somehow disappeared over the years) a unique crossbow design that used pulley and elastic bands. 3 years ago I posted my first design on here and it was forgotten.
This time the whole assembly is 3D printed.
The concept/objective of this crossbow is to be fully 3D printed and assembled with a bunch of screws, strings and bands.
This crossbow have a custom pitcanny rail on the top and bottom. (It won't fit other attachments as its smaller)
Removable trigger housing
Changeable rail to Shoot different projectile.
The power of the crossbow comes from the bands. So more bands = more power.
As of now the crossbow is 80% complete.
Feed backs are welcome!
Step 1: Things You Need
You will need:
3D printer with print area with at least 220mm x 150mm
M3 screws and nuts
Tap and tap wrench (cut threads to the print)
File / sandpaper.
Fishing line ( nylon works. I'm using a different type of fishing line)
I use a flash forge creator pro to print my parts.
I also use simplify3D as my slicer.
50% infill for all the parts except the pins, trigger and cam are printed at 100% infill.
Step 2: Printing the Parts
There are total of 25 parts
all of the parts are printed with 50% infill and only the pins are printed 100% all at 0.2 layer height
- Bow Limb x2
- crossbar right
- btm pulley x2
- Pulley x2
- Pin x2
- Band Puller
- bow rail back
- bow rail
- Housing pin x2 (not necessary to print)
- Arrow rest
- 2.5 pin x2
- Picatnniy Rail
- Trigger cam
- Trigger housing plate
- Trigger housing
- Trigger leaver ( just names dont judge)
Step 3: Stringing the Crossbow
- Tie a loop and secure the string to the crossbar screw (outer most)
- loop through the pulleys to the other crossbar screw (loose knot use the nut to tighten on the string to adjust)
- cock the crossbow and adjust the lenght of the string.
- while the crossbow is still cocked turn over
- string the band puller
- same as the top string, tie a loop and put to the Bow Limb screw
- line with the 2 pulley and tie a adjustable knot on the other Bow Limb
- add a Band and pull the Adjustable side till the required pull lenght.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.