Step 9: Aligning multiple scans
If you have made multiple scan families, such as when scanning a large object in sections, you will need to align these scan families. Click 'align' in the main toolbar. Two geometry view windows are now visible.
Aligning scan families
- If you have not already done so, attach one of your scan families. The software will help you align an unattached scan family with the attached ones.
- Drag the yellow, blue and red dots from the top right of each geometry window to the same respective marker on the object in each window.
- As you drop the dot the view will zoom in. You can then move it again for fine placement.
- When all three dots are in their correct places, click 'align' in the main toolbar.
- The software automatically takes you through
- When the alignment is complete, click 'back' in the main toolbar.