This is a 3 dimensional ornament designed to look like a star. Due to the fact that it was cut out of quarter inch red acrylic, it has a nice festive feel and really brightens up any spot on a Christmas Tree. If you would like to create a flashy yet simplistic ornament like the one above, please read on.
Step 1: What You Need
To create the 3D Star Ornament you will need the following:
- A laser cutter
- (1) 6-32 x 1-1/2 Machine Screw
- (2) 6-32 Machine Nuts
- (1) Ornament Hanger
- (1) large star (Tip measurements 4 inches x 4 inches x 1/4 inches)
- (2) Medium stars (Tip measurements 3 inches x 3 inches x 1/4 inches)
- (2) Small stars (Tip measurements 2 inches x 2 inches x 1/4 inches)
Step 2: Putting It All Together
To put the 3D Star Ornament together follow the steps that follow:
- Start with the machine screw and slide on the stars in the order of small, medium, large, medium, small.
- Make sure that the small star and the large star are going in the same direction while the mediums star is facing in the opposite direction. See above for details.
- Now that the five stars are put onto the screw attach one of the nuts to keep the stars from coming off and then attach a second to keep the first nut from coming off.
Step 3: Ready to Hang
Now that the 3D Star Ornament is constructed, just attach an ornament hanger through the small hole found on the top of the largest star in the middle.
Congratulations! You have now successfully created and assembled your very own 3D Star Ornament!