So my idea was to add a new twist on those 3-colour stencils you see all over the place. I really like that style but i wanted to add a little texture and depth to the whole thing.
So i thought why not make it out of wood and use a different colour wood for each layer. That way you get that kind of trippy abstract perspective when you see it from an angle but it all comes together to form an image when you see it straight on.
- Wood: oak, pine, or coloured wood depending on your budget.
- Sanding paper (80-160 grit)
- Stains: Ebony and Antique pine
- Coping saw (for the niggly bits)
- Chisel (for cleaning up)
- Clamps (the more the better but at least 4)