16 guage hardware wire
20 guage hardware wire
Thing plastic sheet
hot glue gun with hot glue sticks
- First download and open this model in a 3D modeling program ( I do not own this model ) http://grabcad.com/library/portal-gun
- Make the model 6" large, Disconnect the shell, and handle from the gun and delete the Core,Wires, Claws, and the small bit on the top of the gun (If you can print the whole gun with no trouble then go ahead)
- Make a 6x6x6 inch box in the center point of your 3d program. Save the project as anything.
- Delete the gun base and handle then place the shells inside the box. Save as an stl file with a different name.
- Open up your shell in your 3D printing program and center it, then print it.
- Do step 4 and 5 again, but now delete the shell and place the gun handle and gun base in the box.
- Now that all those peices have been printed. Take your gun base and handle and glue the handle in its designated place with epoxy glue. After it has dried go over the glued spot with hot glue. (do this for any glued peices)
- After your base and handle is fully glued together place clay on the circular part at the bottom of the gun, then lay it down on some newspaper on a flat surface and spray paint the whole gun base and handle with black spray paint. Do a second coat.
- After it has dried, take some grey modeling clay and mold it into a 1 1/4" x 1/4" cylinder and place it into the core space. Remove the clay peice that was put on the circular part.
- Now glue the shell parts to their apropriate locations.