Step 1: Supplies Needed
2. ModPodge matte finish– to attach print and finish surface
3. Bristle brush – stiff brushes leave a canvas texture
4. Roller (wallpaper roller) – to attach print to canvas
5. Picture hangers
6. Ribbon for trimming the canvas frame
7. Craft Stick glue gun and glue
Step 2: Print graphics/letters.
You can even use something as simple as Microsoft “Paint.”
I have used Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop in my designs.
Make your print the size of the canvas. Try to leave some of a border where you will not lose anything important if you must trim. The canvases are never an exact size nor are they completely square. And each canvas may differ slightly in size from one another.
Step 3: Apply ModPodge
OR you can trim later. Paint this layer - every which way - covering the entire canvas. This is the layer to attach the print to the canvas.
Step 4: Place Print on Canvas
Attach the print securely to the canvas.
Step 5: Cut Excess Print
If you did not wait for the ModPodge to dry fully, you can end up pulling the print up off the canvas.