Hi there. New to Multisim? This is for you!
In this project we will build a simple 4 bit manual counter using NI Multisim software.
Newbie special :)
Step 1: Parts List (if Building on Breadboard)
NI Multisim Software
******Parts needed: www.bits4bots.com
Hey Bits4Bots I want to build this but I have only have a 74LS48 TTL.
Answer: No problem. If you use a 74LS48 TTL you will need to use a Common Cathode Display.
Step 2: Multisim Circuit Connection
- Select components needed. I have decided to use images for this process.
Click the tabs in order that are circled in red or highlighted.
Step 3: Breadboard Circuit Connection
- Connect the top 4 pins of the dip switch to VCC (5V)
- Connect the bottom row of the dip switch pins individually to the A, B, C & D of the 74LS47 IC
- Connect the 74LS47 accordingly.
- Pin 3, 4 & 5 of the 74LS47 should be powered.
- Connect the 7 Segment Display. I used a Common Anode.
Step 4: Test the Circuit
Now that everything is connected we can now test the circuit.
A zero should show on the display when the circuit is powered.
- When the right>>>>>most switch is on (high) the display should show a 1.
- Flip the switch to low again.
- Move one over to the left<<<< and flip the switch. A 2 should display.
- To display the number 3 flip both previous switches.
- By now you should have an idea of how the manual counter works :)
I have included a binary to decimal chart for your convenience.