Introduction: $4 Motion Sensor Bright Light
I made this project for my house staircase , as at night when i return home from my friends house after doing late night study, The bulb fitted is of 60W and it consume lot of energy, So i realize that i have to do some thing that the light should glow only when it is needed.
So after doing some research i made a circuit which will work great with the illumination of light i require.
We can use this light in our daily life, as if we are too lazy and we want that our room light should glow by itself when we enter. Than this is the best option.
Things Required are:
1) Transistor 2222A : 2PCS
2) Transistor BC547 : 1PCS
3) 1K Ohm Resistance 3PCS
4) 48 LED plate 1PCS
5) PIR Sensor 1PCS
6) 12v 1Amp DC Adapter 1 PCS
7) 3D Printer
8) Connecting Wires
9) Soldering Iron
10) Bread Board
11) Electrical board connecting lead
Step 1: CIrcuit Designing
Collect all the items as mentioned below.
1) PIR Sensor
2) Transistor 2222A : 2PCS
3) Transistor BC547 : 1PCS
4) 1K Ohm Resistor 3 PCS
5) 12V 1 Amp Adapter
6) Connecting Wire
7) Electrical Cable
1) Connect LDR with 1K Ohm resistance and connect this resistance with left transistor 2222A middle leg.
2) Connect LDR one leg with Transistor 2222A by adding 1K Ohm Resistance in between.
3) Connect That same leg of transistor with other transistor 2222A middle leg.
4) .Connect left leg of left transistor 2222A to left leg of right transistor 2222A and than connect that point with battery -VE.
5) Connect right leg of right transistor with the ground of PIR sensor and BC547 transistor.
6) Connect the battery positive directly with PIR sensor from the point Vcc and even join the led positive wire with this.
7) Connect the out put wire from PIR sensore to the middle leg of transistor BC547 by adding 1kOhm resistor.
8) Connect the LED negative wire with the left leg of the transistor as shown in diagram.
After collecting all the things, start drawing the diagram on breadboard and soldering the components accordingly.
Step 2: Housing Designing in Fusion 360
Designing is really interesting.
I designed the whole light housing in fusion 360 , I am new to fusion 360 and working with this software makes me feel really passionate to choose my profession as a design engineer.
I worked on Autocad, solidworks aswell but operating fusion 360 is really easy and i enjoy a lot when i learn some new skills
The 3d printer i have is Anet A8 , it is good for me.
This size of my 3d printer bed is small so i have divided the body housing in two piece and will join the body with the glue later.
So lets 3d print the given design and start assembly.
Step 3: ASSEMBLY
In this step we will join the glue the body and make it in a single piece.
To make diffuse the light i have used PVC milky sheet,as direct LED light is not good for our eyes.
I have used hot glue to stick the milk sheet with the body, and 2 small wooden pieces on top of it as, if we stick the LED patch with some distance than from outside we would not be able to see LED's.
As we have 2 LED patches so we need to connect both LED patches in parallel and stick with the help of glue stick on wooden pieces.
Take 12v 1Amp adapter and remove its outer body and with the help of hot glue gun stick it on the body of light.
than according to the ciruit diagram connect the wires of DC output to the addapter.
Stick that circuit with the body fabricated with the help of glue gun.
Test the in dark room by switching it on , and try to put some light in front of LDR so that we can check that whether the DUSK AND DAWN sensor is working or not.
Set the PIR sensor on minimum time and medium sensitivity as it will help us to check the process of light in less time.
When all the functions are checked , than close the light housing with back cover and use hot glue to seal it , if you want to install it outside.
Step 4: Let's Test It.
The done test, you all can check the video in first step.
I have removed 1k Ohm resistance as it decreases the illumination, and i even noticed that the LED are capable to go through the fluctuation.
So after removing LED the light is enough to illuminate a room of 10ft x 10ft.
So it works perfectly fine, if you have any question than please write down in below comment.
Thank you ;)