My first time I built this very simple design in 4 hours. I think I could get it done in 3 to do it again. I also like that it was entirely cross-cuts and the only tricky bits are the notches, but a $15 Harbor Freight tool made quick work of that.
Step 1: Materials
(1) 2" x 6" x 10'
(4) 1" x 4" x 8'
2 1/2" deck screws
1 5/8" drywall screws
Step 2: Tools
- power mitre saw (the lack of sheet lumber means this is your best friend)
- saw capable of plunge cuts (I figured this out later and would have saved me lots of time. this one was $15 from Harbor Freight)
- opt. table saw (this can be used to make the notches, but it is more dangerous, time consuming and will also require chisels)
- drill, and drill/driver (I prefer and impact driver)
- Tape measure
- bits for drilling and screws.
- countersink bit (optional, but recommended)