Step 1: Ingredients
4 cups tomato sauce (one large can)
2 cups alfredo sauce (one 16.5 oz jar)
1/2 cup ricotta cheese
1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
3 tablespoons fontina cheese, shredded
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
3 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
3 tablespoons romano cheese, grated
3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
1 tablespoon garlic, chopped (or minced)
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
3 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf Italian parsley, chopped (or 1 1/2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes)
1 pound dry ziti pasta
1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
NOTE: If you cannot find all the cheeses listed, feel free to use your five favorite cheeses, or leave some out if you like. Make it your own, there's room to play with this recipe.
Step 2: Preparing the Sauce
Step 3: Preparing the Topping
2. Add the garlic, oil, and parsley, mix until blended. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
Step 4: Putting It All Together
1. Once your oven is preheating, prepare your pasta according to the package instructions.
2. Pour 1/2 cup of the prepared ziti sauce into prepared dish and spread evenly over bottom.
3. When pasta is finished cooking, drain water and add pasta to the remaining sauce. Mix well and add to baking dish.
4. Spread 1 cup of shredded mozzarella over pasta/sauce mixture.
5. Top the mozzarella with the prepared ziti topping, and spread evenly.
6. Place pan on center oven rack and bake until top is golden brown and cheese is bubbling. Depending on your oven, it could take between 30 to 40 minutes.
7. remove and serve immediately.
I hope you enjoy this recipe!