Introduction: 5 Golden Remedies Using Turmeric (The Golden Goodness)
Grand Prize in the
Home Remedies Challenge
I am feeling exited and happy to write about my favorite spice of all Turmeric - 'Golden Goodness'.
In this Instructable, I have shown the '5 powerful home remedies using turmeric' that can cure and to protect us from illness.
Turmeric has been recognized by yogis and ayurvedic healers since ancient times for its manyhealing properties.
Grown mainly in India, the turmeric root is a close cousin to ginger root. It is dried and ground into a fine powder, brilliant gold in color, and used in many Indian recipes.Turmeric is considered highly auspicious in India and has been used extensively in various Indian ceremonies. Even today it is used in every part of India during wedding ceremonies and religious ceremonies.
* Turmeric is used for arthritis, heartburn (dyspepsia), stomach pain, diarrhea, intestinal gas, stomach bloating, loss of appetite, jaundice, liver problems and gallbladder disorders.
* It is also used for headaches, bronchitis, colds, lung infections, leprosy, fever, menstrual problems, and cancer. Other uses include depression, Alzheimer’s disease, water retention, worms, and kidney problems.
* Some people apply turmeric to the skin for pain, ringworm, bruising, leech bites, eye infections, inflammatory skin conditions, soreness inside of the mouth, and infected wounds.
Step 1: Turmeric Paste - the Base
1) Turmeric powder - 1/4 Cup
2) Water - 1/2 Cup filtered water (Add more water if needed)
3) Ground pepper - 1/2 Tsp (optional)
4) Olive oil/ Almond oil/ Clarified butter - 1/2 Tsp (optional)
* Place a pan on medium heat and mix the turmeric powder and water.
* Cook till raw smell of the turmeric goes (add more water if needed)
* When the turmeric is completely cooked, add the pepper and clarified butter and remove from the heat.
* Transfer it to a air tight container and can be stored in the refrigerator for about 2 weeks.
Step 2: Golden Remedy 1 - Turmeric Tea
1) Turmeric Paste - 1/4 to 1/2 Tsp (as preferred)
2) Water - 1 Cup
3) Ginger - pinch grated.
4) Lemon Juice - 5 ml
5) Honey - as per taste
* Place a pan on medium heat and add grated ginger and water.
* Then add the turmeric paste and allow to boil.
* Finally add lemon juice and honey and mix well.
* Strain it in a glass and serve.
* Lessen seasonal allergies
* Reduce symptoms of cold
* Turmeric is anti-inflammatory so it's a great decongestant
* Powerful pain reliever
* Honey is anti-bacterial and promotes healing. It also relieves coughs and sore throats
Step 3: Golden Remedy 2 - Turmeric Milk
1) Turmeric Paste - 1/2 Tsp
2) Milk - 1 Cup
3) Ginger grated - Pinch
4) Cardamom powder - 1/8 Tsp
5) Ground Pepper - 1/8 Tsp
6) Palm Sugar - as per taste
7) Saffron - few strands
8) Water - little
* Place a pan on medium heat, add grated ginger and little water to boil (sometimes fresh ginger may curdle the milk.so I boil it in water to prevent that)
* Then add the milk, turmeric paste, ground cardamom, ground pepper and allow it boil.
* Then add palm sugar (panam karkandu) to it. once the palm sugar is dissolved strain it into a glass and top it of with saffron and serve.
* Milk and Turmeric provides bone health
* Powerful anti-oxidant
* Cure cough and cold
* Can treat diarrhea and indigestion
* Helps in blood purification and liver detox and much more...
Step 4: Golden Remedy 3 - Healthy Turmeric Smoothie
1) Turmeric paste - 1/4 to 1/2 Tsp
2) Chopped Mango - 1/4 Cup
3) Chopped Banana - 1/4 Cup
4) Milk - 1 Cup
5) Honey - as per taste
6) Ground Cinnamon - 1/4 Tsp
7) Ginger - small piece
* Put all the above ingredients in a blender and blend it well. (Add more milk/water as per preferred consistency)
* Serve it in a glass sprinkled with ground cinnamon on top.
* Helps Weight Loss – By helping increase the flow of bile, an important factor in digesting dietary fat. Also helps the liver detoxify.
* Anti-Cancerous Properties – Turmeric helps prevent and destroy cancer cells.
* Powerful Antioxidant – Potent free-radical quencher.
* Anti-Bacterial, Anti-Viral, and Anti-Fungal – Perfect when colds or the flu strike.
* Skin Health – Promotes healthy skin and can reduce skin problems.
* Turmeric has been implicated in helping relieve Alzheimer’s disease, arthritis, asthma, cancer, diabetes, and depression.
Step 5: Golden Remedy 4 - Turmeric Face Mask / Scrub
1) Ground Turmeric - 1 Tsp
2) Gram / Besan / Chickpea Flour - 2 Tbsp
3) Almond Oil - 1 Tsp
4) Milk - 2-3 Tsp
* Add the ground turmeric, Gram Flour and Almond oil and mix well without lumps.(This can be stored in the glass container for later use)
* Add 2 tsp of the above mixture in a bowl, add the milk and mix well forming a smooth paste.
* This paste can be applied on the face as a mask for 15 minutes and washed with water.
* This paste can be used as a facial scrub and washed with water.
* This is a basic face pack. Other variations can be done based on the skin types.
Anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties that turmeric possesses are both important in treating these skin conditions.
* In acne, using facial masks can soothe skin blemishes and heal acne scars.
* In patients with eczema, applying a facial mask can reduce inflammation and redness.
* Rosacea patients use turmeric masks, it can reduce the tiny pimples and redness that this skin condition causes.
* Turmeric face masks are used to rejuvenate skin. Regular use of turmeric with various combination of ingredients can soften the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
Step 6: Golden Remedy 5 - Turmeric Oil
1) Freshly ground Turmeric paste
2) Organic Coconut Oil
* Place a pan on medium heat and add the coconut oil and freshly ground turmeric paste.
* cook till the raw smell goes away. Strain and store in a glass container. ready to use once it cools down.
* Arthritis and joint problems
* Good for liver
* Reduces skin problems(scars,cracks in foot etc..)
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.