*** Disclaimer: I am no sewing expert. I only learned how to fix and use our family's dusty old sewing machine two weeks ago to work on another project. I promptly broke it again during this project, so if you read any part of this project that makes you cringe and yell something similar to, "NO! You can't use that type of stitch!!!" please post your suggestion in the comments and I'll make the appropriate changes to this Instructable.
Step 1: Stuff you need
- A scrap t-shirt with the sleeve intact (long-sleeved for a larger bag and shorts sleeve for a small bag)
- An old shoestring or whatever other string you have lying around. I would go for something longer than 30 cm (1 ft) for ease of use
- Thread. The thread material should ideally match your t-shirt material
- Fabric chalk or a sharpie
- Sewing machine (optional. you can do this by hand)