The USB HUB I am using don't transfer data but the power side works just fine, For those of you who want the whole shebang find a good working USB HUB that will fit in him.
Step 1: Part's & tools
This Instructable requires the use of a very sharp knife,dremel rotary tool and a drill.
Be sure to wear gloves and Eye Protection!!!!
1. 6 inch StarWars R2D2 toy.
2. Spare USB cable.
3. Female USB receptacle.
4. 4 Port USB hub. (mine was broken only power)
5. Red LED for this project, you may add as many as you like I went with only 1.
1. Good solid utility knife with a shape Blade.
2. 1/8 & 3/16 Flathead Screwdriver's #1 Phillips Screwdriver.
3. Soldering Iron, flux & solder.
4. Hot glue Gun.
5. needle nose pliers.
6. wire cutters and strippers.