Introduction: #5 Statuette
This is my first instructable.
It's my dad's birthday tommorow and I needed to make a quick, but really cool, present.
I decided on a wood statue of his favorite number, 5.
Step 1: Supplies
Drill with 1/8 bit
Dremal with sanding and grinding bits
Wood: 2/4 and 1/2
Cut the 1/2 to 4 inches
Measure the 2/4 to twice as wide as the 1/2
Step 3: The Base
Shape the base from the 2/4 by rounding the edges on the bench grinder
Then, take your dremal with the sanding wheel and grind a groove in the top the size of the 5 your about to make
Step 4: Shaping the 5
1.Draw your 5 in bubble numbers
2.Either Jigsaw or benchgrind the majority of the wood
3. Refine with the dremal sander
4. When you break it, just use woodglue and a clamp
Step 5: Attaching: Pilot Hole
1. Drill hole through base in the groove you previously ground
2. Line up the 5 and continue the drill.
Step 6: Attaching: Screw
1. Screw through the pilot hole
2. Grind off the tip sticking out with the grinding wheel of your dremel.
Step 7: Stop?
If you like this finish, stop here.
Step 8: Burned Finish
Lightly Burn with a propane torch, no a lighter won't work, sorry