Introduction: 5-minute Chocolate Cake
There are a lot of 5-minute cake-in-a-mug recipes out there, but I've taken the time to experiment with eight variations on a a recipe to come up with the best, tastiest, and most reliable 5-minute chocolate cake on the web. This quick and easy chocolate cake recipe will change your life! Now you can have a rich, chocolate dessert in an instant. So grab a big mug (I link to my favorite in the next step) and get ready to make new kind of cupcake - the cake in a cup!
Step 1: Supplies
- 4 tablespoons flour - make sure you measure it right - or the cake is a lie!
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa
- 2 tablespoons whisked egg - 1 egg is too much, 1 egg white is too eggy, 1 yolk is too dense, but 2 tblsp is just right!
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 3 tablespoons chocolate chips
- splash vanilla or other flavoring - try peppermint or cinnamon
Step 2: Mix Your Ingredients
- Add all of the dry ingredients to the mug and mix.
- Add the egg and combine well. It gets pretty pasty at the point.
- Stir in milk and oil.
- Add chocolate chips* and splash of vanilla. Stir well.
Step 3: Nuke It!
- Microwave for 3 minutes in a 1000w oven, or 4 minutes in a 700w oven.
Step 4: Experiment!
Some people have had mixed results with the final texture of this cake.
This cake is tricky mostly because of people's microwaves all being different. I experimented a lot with the amounts of different ingredients.
I think if it's something you're going to make quite a lot in the future, it's worth fussing around with! Try just a bit less time in the microwave (you can always put it back in for more). If that doesn't help, try a little less egg, or a little less flour.
Keep notes on what you're trying each time, and eventually you'll find the cake that's perfect for both you and your microwave!
11 People Made This Project!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.