- Some electronics skills. Soldering, knowing how to follow a circuit diagram etc..
- 1 voltage regulator LM 7805
- 1 10uF capacitor
- 1 1000uF capacitor (you can use any big electrolyt capacitor here, doesn't have to be exactly 1000uF)
- 1 100nF capacitor
- 1 LED for power on indication
- 1 resistor to to take the voltage down from 5V to whatever your LED runs at
- 1 screw terminal for the input voltage
- 1 switch for input voltage on/off
- 1 perfboard, the type with copper eyes, not stripes
- 1 2-pin connector to plug the unit into the breadboard
R = ohm of resistor
V = voltage for the LED (You can find this in the datasheet for your LED)
I = current for the LED (can also be found in the datasheet)
R = (5-V) / I
Then round up to the nearest resistor value you can find.