Introduction: 7 Layer Jello
This is a fun, easy to make snack that everyone in the family will love.
To make, you will need:
Four 6oz packages of Jello (I prefer red, green, yellow, and orange)
13x9x2 pan or pyrex dish
For white layers in between the colored layers:
2 packages of plain gelatin
Four 1/2 cup of cold water (one 1/2 cup for each pack of Jello)
2 cups of sour cream
2 cups of milk
4 cups hot water (one cup for each pack of Jello)
1 cup sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
1) Dissolve your first color jello into 1 cup of boiling water, add 1/2 cup cold water, then pour into your dish.
2) Dissolve both envelopes of unflavored gelatin into a 1/2 cup of boiling water.
3) In a large saucepan brink milk to boil.
4) Remove pan of milk from heat and add sugar, mixing until dissolved.
5) Add the dissolved unflavored gelatin into the milk and sugar mix.
6) In a mixer, mix with sour cream and vanilla. Mix until even, then set aside to let cool.
7) Once the first layer is set, pour 1 1/2 cups of the white layer over the first layer of Jello.
8) Once the white layer sets and becomes sticky to touch, repeat step one with another layer of Jello.
9) Repeat steps 1 and 7 until you finish the fourth layer of Jello. Place into fridge and let chill for 2 hours.
10) Slice the Jello into 2 x 1 inch bars and enjoy!