These upcoming projects will show you how to make some pretty fun, but usable objects. Let's get started, shall we?
Step 1: Gather Materials and Tools
A Pair of Clippers
A Sharp Knife
Corse 80 Grit Sandpaper
2 Ice Breakers Liquid Ice Containers
Step 2: Preparing the Containers
a) The plastic body
b) The lid (see picture for parts)
c) The lid bridge
To take this apart, follow these steps.
1) Pry the plastic body away from the bridge
2) Dump all of the liquid ice mints into a plastic bag.
3) Stick the sharp knife in between the bridge and lid and pry
All three parts should be seperated from each other now. This leads to the first project, a better dispenser.
Step 3: Poject 1 : the Better Dispenser
1) Take the plastic bridge and set it aside, it's going to be taken out of the new dispenser.
By removing this bridge, you can hold up to 7 more mints.
2) Cut, with your clippers, the opening and increase its size as much as possible.
3) Re-attach the plastic lid to the body.
Now that's over, you can re-fill it with mints.
My suggestion would be to use it for one thing, BB's. All of the fuss with funnels and boxes is just a mess. Isn't it better to have this thing in your pocket with 40 BB's ready to load? That's what I thought...
Step 4: The Ice Breaker Guitar Pick
1) Seperate all of the parts.
2) Disregard the lid and bridge, they will not be used.
3) Put the clippers inside the container and cut it in half as shown.
4) Trim the halves in the shapes that are desired.
NOTE Do not cut into extremely intricate shapes, the plastic WILL break.
5) Use your peice of 80 grit sandpaper and sand the sharp edges down.
Optional) Get a lighter and heat the desired area for about 2 seconds under a bare flame and quickly start to bend with the clippers (which I said earlier can be used as pliers if grasped gingerly).