Introduction: 70's Coffee Table Makeover
Give a 70's coffee table a rustic makeover with wood slats and paint! A great way to replace a table top that is worn, damaged and scratched.
Step 1: Watch Exactly How It's Done Here!
Step 2: Stuff You'll Need
Enough 1/4" x 2" or 3" wood slats to cover the top
Americana Chalky Finish in colors you like
*I chose Rustic and Heritage
Hammer and 1" nails
Americana Decor Light Satin Varnish
1. & 2. Arrange your slats to make sure they cover the entire table top
3. Paint the slats Rustic on one side and don't worry about the edges
4. Sloppily paint over the slats with a thick coat of orange and let dry for about 10 minutes
5. After 10 minutes, scrape off the orange paint to get a chipped, aged look
6. Sand the edges and face of each slat to expose bits of the raw wood
7. Nail the slats to the table top
8. Paint the base of the table Rustic and let dry
9. & 10. Paint the base of the table in Heritage, wait 10 minutes and scrape off with a putty knife
11. Sand the edges of the base and parts of the legs to expose the raw wood
12. Coat the entire table in Americana Decor Light Satin Varnish
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.