- 1 crochet hook, size H8/5mm (nearly any size will work, this is just what I used)
- 4 skeins of Red Heart Super Saver, Blue
- 2 skeins of Red Heart Super Saver, Brown
- 2 Skeins of Red Heart Super Saver, Tan
- 3 Skeins of Red Heart Super Saver, Red
- 1 Large Sewing Needle
Total cost - approximately $25.00 (USD)
Step 1: Planning the project
It is a good idea to buy all of the yarn at once. You never know when the store may run out of a needed color and not restock. You can buy Red Heart Super Saver yarn at most places, such as Wal-Mart, Hobby Lobby, Michael's, and more.
Step 2: Make a Granny Square
Repeat 251 more times :)
You can see from the spreadsheet, you will need the following quantities:
- Brown- 54
- Red- 45
- Tan- 42
- Blue- 109
Step 3: Sew Together Individual Squares into Rows
disconnect the first two squares to be sewn together.
Lay them face to face
Using your large needle and matching color yarn as thread, sew the squares together. A basic wip stitch works best.
Disconnect the next square in line and sew it to the previously sewn pair. Repeat this until all squares from the row are connected.
Sew together all squares to form all 18 rows of the blanket.