While viewing Restoration Hardware’s spring 2016 online catalog of decor items, we noticed glass cloches filled with collectible objects and thought they’d make an easy & personal decor piece. These were the inspiration for this subtle & quick Valentine’s decoration. It’s a nice addition to a winter table-scape decor.
Step 1: Gather Materials and Tools.
Materials & Tools
- Alphabet buttons—we used the word “love"
- Wood skewer sticks
- Spray paint
- Sculpey clay or any non-hardening clay (non-hardening so everything is removal so the glass dome can be used again)
- Glass dome with bottom
- Glue—I used hot glue
- Scissors or wire cutters (something to cut the wood skewers)
- About a 1/2 cup of vase filler—we used plastic “ice” & flat marbles
Step 2: Glue Letters to Sticks, Let Dry.
- Cut sticks so they fit inside dome
- Spray paint letters/sticks, let dry