Introduction: A Giant Present That Fits People
This Instructable and this video outlines how I built a Giant present. This build was for my schools Assembly, and it was built because the people that ran our Assembly wanted to jump out of a present, and I was like why not? So this was my present to them(pun intended) for our Winter Assembly.
5 - 4x8ft Plywood
1 - 4x4ft 3/4 inch thick Plywood
4 - 4x8ft 1 1/2 inch thick Styrofoam
8 Door hinges
Liquid Nail glue
Step 1: Making the Walls of the Present
- Take 4 of the 4x8 pieces of wood and cut them down to 4x5ft pieces
- Take the Styrofoam and cut two pieces 4x5 and two 3ft 8inch x 5ft
- glue the Styrofoam to the plywood pieces using Liquid Nails glue
Step 2: Making the Roof
- cut out the last piece of plywood to 4 x 4ft 2 inches
- glue a 2 inch wide piece onto the other side so it is 4ft 2 inches by 4 ft 2 inches so the roof is slightly larger then the floor.
- Glue Styrofoam to the piece
- cut out 4 - 1ft x 4ft pieces of plywood
- Glue those pieces onto the four sides of the roof effectively making mini walls
Step 3: Painting
- Paint everything on the plywood side Red
- Repeat again for as many coats as possible
- After it is dried lay two strips of tape a few inches from the center in each direction on the 4ft part
- Paint a white coat in between the strips of tape
- peel off the tape
- repeat for all of the walls and the ceiling
Step 4: Putting It Together
- Screw two hinges onto each of the walls
- Screw the walls into the 4x4 piece that will act as the floor making sure to have the walls with the Styrofoam completely covering them across from each other so when the walls are brought up the foam doesn't hit each other
- Stand inside holding up the roof and have friends bring up all the walls. Then drop down the roof and it will all stay together
Thanks for reading! If you want to see the final result, or watch how I put it together make sure to watch the video!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.