Introduction: A Microsoft PowerPoint Quiz
Have you ever played The Impossible Quiz by Splapp-Me-Do? I have, and I wanted to make a quiz like it. Sadly, it is a flash file, and I cannot afford a flash maker. However, I figured out how to make a quiz using Microsoft PowerPoint nearly as good as the flash. If you read this Instructable, you can too! If you don't know how to use PowerPoint, I'm sorry, but it's not very hard. I use 2010 PowerPoint, but 2007 and 2003 are similar. All you need to know are how to use Action Buttons. Clicking on the link below ("The Not-So-Impossible Quiz") will let you download the first version of my own quiz. The Not-So-Impossible Quiz 2 is the newer, better version of the quiz made with PowerPoint 2010 (though it works with other versions). PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE FONT TRANSISTOR 2.15 FOR THE BEST QUIZ EXPERIENCE. Enjoy!
Step 1: The Title Slides
1.) First, type something like "start" in the middle of the first slide. You can use WordArt if you want.
2.) Go to Insert and then Shape (or Slide Show in 2003 and 07) and choose Action Buttons, and then Custom.
3.) Draw a shape around the word like I did in the picture. You can color it.
4.) Click the action button, and then go to Action under the Insert tab (or just right click on the shape and click Hyperlink).
5.) Add a hyperlink to the "next slide".
6.) Go to Slide Transitions, and check off both of the boxes so the slide doesn't advance on mouse click or after a certain amount of time. Do this to every slide you make! Don't forget!
Step 2: The Question Slides
1.) Create a new slide and put your first question in the title box.
2.) Put a certain amount of answers in the other box, arranged the way you want them.
3.) Create another new slide and use this as a Game Over slide. Type whatever you want, and then write "try again". Make another action button similar to the one in Step 1, except its hyperlink is back to the beginning (on the hyperlink screen click First Slide).
4.) Now, go back to the first question. Make action buttons around each of the answers. The wrong answers should go to the game over slide. Leave the right answer alone for now.
5.) Make another queston slide after the game over slide, and use the action buttons in a similar way. This time, hyperlink the right answer to the "next slide".
6.) Go back to the first question, in the hyperlink pull down menu, click "Slide..." then click the slide that your second question is on. This is just to make sure when you click the right answer, it doesn't go to the game over slide. You don't have to do this to all the slides.
Step 3: Completing the Quiz
1.) Make as many questions as you want in the same manner as before.
2.) Make a congratulations slide last.
3.) Go to Slide Show, then click Set Up Show. Then click the Browsed at Kiosk bullet under Show Type. This way, no one can skip the questions.
4.) You're all done! Congratulations! Don't forget to save your quiz.
5.) See my quiz on YouTube. Type in The Not-So-Impossible Quiz!
Step 4: Answers to THE NOT-SO-IMPOSSIBLE QUIZ 2
2. I don't know. Wanna race?
3. Click the "o" in hole.
4. Move the mouse along the black edges of the screen to the blue square.
5. click "The" in The End
7. english muffins
8. transistor 2.15
9. spell "dog"
10. click the "?" in "question?"
11. Click the E in Egypt
12. Chuck Norris...
13. Go to 14
14. christopher slow
16. Click the trigger
17. click the numbers in descending order (A=6.8)
18. the Mario picture
19. move the mouse around the screen really fast in the bottom left corner.
20. click "Arm Bears"
21. Upper Right "this one"
23. I'm already on 23!
25. upper right "!"
26. spell "CZECHOSLOVAKIA"
27. St. Jimmy
27 1/2. Yellow
28. the next question
31. challenging - and challenged
33. click in the upper left hand corner of the screen
34. click "Ember"
35. go to 24
36. waterville valley
37. zero space
38. blue, dark green, red, yellow
39. click "the difference"
40. 1/2 The Impossible Quiz 2
41. click the "5" in the question.
42. click the small blue circle
43. blue, green, red, yellow
44. click the fuse
45. search around the screen for the light switch. your mouse will light up when you're over it.
46. you will die, but don't click "try again" it is a fake!
47. uvv cors not!
48. the upper right picture
49. follow the instructions on the letter.
50. spell "THAT"
51. click "Rocky"
52. you can't really call this a powerpoint...
53. 4 space 8 space 15 space 16 space 2 execute
54. click the period in the question.
55. spell "it" (not iguana)
56. the fish picture (a grouper)
58. wait till it says you can go on.
60. touch the dots (one of them doesn't have a dot, just wait.)
62. spell "bomb" from the letters in mass destruction, LITTLE BoY, and weapon.
63. spell "blue" from the first letter of each answer.
64. wait till the light turns green, then click Next Question really fast.
65. click the blue wire, then the red wire, then the part where they join.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.