Introduction: A New Life of a Broken Zip
I created a mixed media composition using a half of a broken zip.
Step 1: Materials
- a canvas on a wood frame, dim.: ~24 cm x 29.5 cm.
- half of a zip, length ~ 190 cm;
- acrylic colors: white, blue, peach, green;
- green color for textile;
- a piece of a green leather cord;
- a transparent plastic strand and a fine yarn.
- glitter for embellishment.
- two beads.
Step 2: Preparing the Canvas
The canvas is painted with a white layer and after drying,
I used a mixed of colors with more green on the bottom area and
more blue on the top area.
Step 3: Preparing the Zip
- I twisted the zip from both sides, like in the image, using
yarn to keep the spirals tight;
- I put in place the zip and fixed it with yarn and a self-adhesive tape.
- With green textile paint I colored the zip material.
Step 4: The Completion of the Canvas
- on the bottom area of the zip I painted some leaves and
I fixed the leather cord with the transparent strand, simulating the grass;
- as embellishment: bonded beads in the central of spirals
and some glitter on the zip and on the leaves and grass.
This is the transformation of a broken zip!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.