Introduction: A Simple Charm Bracelet
This is a beautiful and simple charm bracelet I made, and decided to share it with you in this Instructable. Provide are the step by step photos for how to make this. It's the perfect airy summer green accessory.
This Bracelet uses a Dangle wrap, a Briolette Wrap, and an Encased Wrap. These different techniques will be explained in the following steps!
Step 1: Planning and Preping
For this project you will need wire cutters, round nose pliers, and flat nose pliers.
The layout shown below is not the same as the finished piece. I always plan out projects this way to start. This is a simple way to get an idea about what the final bracelet will look like. At the very least you will be able to see if your colors are all wacky.
1, one 7 1/2" base chain with clasp
2, 26gg sterling silver round dead soft wire - about 3ft
3, Miscellaneous beads
Basic Head pin:
I made my own head pins by coiling the wire ends. See photos above.
Step 2: Dangle Wrap
1) String the first dangle. Then about 1/8" away from the bead bend the wire around your round nose pliers. Some designers bend the pliers around twisting the wire, I do the opposite. I think this method is easier on your wrist in the long run.
2) After the circle loop is formed, slide the chain onto to the loop.
3) Grab the loop in your flat nose pliers and Wrap the long end around the 1/8" Stem. Wrap around at least 2 times, and cut off flush with wire cutters.
Step 3: Top Drilled Bead and Briolette
1) Always use the softest 24-26GG wire for this wrap. String on the bead and bend the wire to the anchor.
2) Use your finger nails to pinch in, so that the two tails meet at the middle of the bead.
3) Grab both tails with your round nose pliers and bend the wire tails around for a full loop.
4) Slide the chain into the loop. Use flat nose pliers to grab on to the loop and start wrapping. Again, twice is enough. Flush cut off the ends.
Step 4: Wire Encased Beads
Wire Encased Beads
1) Instead of leaving just 1/8" space to the loop, leave 1/4".
2) Insert the chain and grab the loop with flat nose pliers, Wrap twice and guide the wire down to the bottom of the bead.
3) Wrap around then guide back up, and wrap around round again tightly. Flush cut off excess tails.
Repeat the above step with a few more beads and ta da!!! You now have a beautiful charm bracelet of your own.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.