I've had a number of requests for the pizza sauce that I made for my pizza video, so here it is! This is a very simple sauce to make, and yet it works so well, and for more than just pizza. It makes a good general tomato sauce for other uses, too.
Let's get started!
NOTE: This recipe involves an alcoholic beverage, so be sure you are of the legal age in your locale to be able to handle and use such substances. Here in Michigan, that's 21.
Step 1: The Players
Here are the ingredients:
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 1 can of tomato paste
- 1/2 of a small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian herb mix
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar (or to taste)
- Some water (the amount depends upon how much cooking down you want to do)
- A bit of oil for sauteing the onions