- Untangling Christmas lights and getting those rascals all lit.
- Standing a Christmas tree
This Instructable is to make a traditional cross-shaped wooden Christmas tree stand--Charlie Brown style. I've used this type for several trees, it works great for small trees (3 to 5 feet) and pretty well for larger trees (up to about 7 feet). For the larger trees, you may need to add angled braces. The "3 easy steps" are...
- make the cross
- drill holes
- attach the tree
Step 1: Make the Cross
- First get a board, a 1x2 or 1x4 works fine. Cut it like shown in pic 1.
- The lengths depend on your tree size. The lengths pictured are about 10" and 2". I was putting up a very small tree (4 feet tall) so these lengths were fine. For a 7-foot tree, you should go at LEAST 18" for the longer lengths.
- Nail the longer pieces into a cross like in pic 2. Make sure the nail tips aren't protruding--they'll scuff the floor.
- Flip it over nail the shorter pieces as "feet" so the cross is flat on all fours like pics 3 and 4.