Step 1: Materials&Tools
1. Old clothes
2. Left-overs of different fabrics
1. Sewing machine
3. Needle and thread
4. Printer paper
Step 2: Download or make your own sewing pattern
1. The back, front, inside, outside, and pocket are cut the same size (any size, just make sure that they all match).
2. The outside of the back and front sides can be divided into smaller parts as shown in the picture to utilize small fabric scraps and make a visual pattern.
3. The legs are to be divided into stripes as well (see pictures for example).
4. The flap for the bag can be a different shape and divided into stripes as well.
5. The strap is made of scraps too, the pattern in the pdf is just for one strip. The amount of strips sewn together will affect the length of the shoulder strap.
Note: The main idea of this project is reuse old clothes, the decisions on the size and the patterns should be made considering the fabrics available. It's modular and uses mostly basic rectangular shapes, leaving it open for creativity and modification.
Step 3: Cutting the fabric
2. Keep organized: mark the top of each piece, which will give you an orientation when you are sewing them all together. Keep track of the parts of each side so you don't get confused.