This is draailampje (Dutch, pronounce 'dry-lamp-yea', means something like turn-light), my 'invention' or better said, creation.
You can make one for yourself in 10-30minutes, depending on your soldering skills.
- soldering iron
- soldering tin
- wire cutters
- small knife
- lighter (optional)
- poster-stick-gum (optional)
- mini jar
- cr2032 holder
- cr2032 battery
- 10mm LED
- tilt / angle switch
- dubble sided sticky tape / foam
Help is available, just comment on this instructable. Instructional video on youtube if you rather see me do it step by step.
Kits, ready made and workshop kits available on my draailampje.nl website.
Step 1: Test LED and battery, fold LED leads into V shape
- Test the LED and battery by connecting the two (long lead on LED is )
- Fold leads of LED into V shape
- Fold 5mm of the - lead of LED (the short one) back a little
Step 2: Prepare battery holder
- Cut lead on underside of battery holder off (the one in the square bit), you don't have to be exact
- Fold -lead on underside of battery holder horizontal with battery holder, to the outside
Step 3: Prepare angle/tilt switch
- Use a knife to cut the plastic (careful, light pressure is enough)
- Remove bottom half of plastic from switch (the side opposite of the leads sticking out)
- Optional; use a lighter to heat the plastic for easy removal (WARNING poisonous fumes from plastic burning is not healthy, don't breathe fumes in, ventilate well and such)
- Clip of one of the leads from the switch and SAVE IT! (we need it later on), WARNING use protective eyewear when clipping