Introduction: ABCD - 399
Hello everyone, in this instructable you'll learn to build a diaper changer. Hope you all like it!
Step 1: Acquiring the Materials
- 2 x Wooden board (3ft x 4ft)
- 1 x MDF Sheet (3ft x 4ft)
- 30 x 3mm Bolt
- 10 x Rivet
- 3 x Hinge
- 7 x Wooden plank (1ft x 0.1ft x 0.1ft)
- 2 x Linear Rail
- 1 x Bolt Cutter
- 4 x Hollow metal pipes (radius: 1 cm)
- 1 x Soldering Machine
- 1 x Hot Glue Gun
- 1 x Arduino
- 1 x Ultrasonic Sensor
- 15 x Male to Male wires
- 15 x Male to Female wires
- 15 x Female to Female wires
- MIT App Inventor v2
- Access to Laser Cutting Machine
- Access to Wood Cutting Machine
Step 2: Building the Base
On one of the wooden boards, hammer the wooden planks as shown in the figure
Step 3: Adding the Rails
Hammer the rails as shown
- Cut two MDF sheets with dimensions 1ft x 2ft and 1ft x 0.2 ft
- Attach these two sheets on the linear rails using hammer and bolts as shown
Step 5: Building Our Diaper Lifter
Using the MDF sheets, build two crosses pivoted at the intersection, as shown
Step 6: Building Our Diaper Lifter (part 2)
- Add the MDF sheets to the existing models as shown
- Using a bolt cutter, cut the extra portion of the bolts to make the model neater
Step 7: Building the Diaper Lifter (part 3)
Connect the two cross-like models created so far, using hollow metal tubes and either a hot glue gun or bolts
Step 8: Finishing the Base
Assemble all the components as shown
Step 9: Building the Upper Layer
- Take the 3ft x 4ft wooden piece and cut it into three parts, first one of the dimensions 3ft x 1.5ft, the second one of the dimension 3ft x 0.5ft and the last one is whatever's left.
- Take the first two pieces
- In the smaller piece, laser cut a cavity in the centre of dimensions 2ft x 0.15ft.
- Hinge the two pieces as shown, using a hinge joint and bolts
Step 10: Building the Upper Layer
- Take the last piece from the previous step
- Laser cut out a cavity on one of the edges of dimensions 0.2ft x 0.15ft
- Align the pieces as shown
Step 11: Finishing Hardware Part
Now place the upper layer of the bed on top of the lower layer, and hammer it on the planks to finish our hardware part
Step 12: Integrating the Hardware and Software
Step 13: Thank You!
Hope you all liked the instructable! Thanks!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.