Introduction: ABS Gun Rest
This is an Instructable on how to make an ABS gun rest. It is my first Instructable and my first homemade Gun rest so bear with me.
Step 1: Materials
Note: Materials list does not match picture exactly (4th end cap missing)
- Two and a half Feet of 1.5 inch ABS Pipe
- 1.5 inch, three into one ABS fitting
- 1.5 inch, ABS 45 deg T-fitting
- 1.5 inch, end caps (X4)
- 1.5 inch, 45 deg fitting (X2)
- 3 inch, ABS T-fitting with 1.5 inch outlet
- ABS adhesive (yellow)
- Adhesive felt
- Jigsaw, File or sandpaper
Step 2: Cut ABS Pipe Into Sections and Assemble the First Three Legs
- Cut ABS pipe into sections, the angled legs are six and three quarter inches, the center leg is six inches, two 1.5 inch connector pieces (Theleft over will be used for fourth leg, it will be cut to measure depending on exact angle of legs in step 5)
- Assemble and glue first three legs, the angled legs are six and three quarter inches, the center leg is six inches
Step 3: Tripod Base
- Attach the three constructed legs to the 3 into 1 fitting, mark with pencil exactly where you want everything to line up.
- Disassemble, apply adhesive and reassemble
Step 4: Preparing the Gun Cradle
- Insert the three inch T-fitting into a vice using the 1.5 inch outlet
- Using a Jigsaw cut the top off. ( there are usually marks around the edges for lining up the fittings which you can use to draw lines to follow.
- File or sand rough edges.
Step 5: Final Assembly
- Using the two 1.5 inch pieces of ABS pipe you cut in Step two, connect the 1.5 inch-45 deg T-Fitting and Gun Cradle to the tripod.
- Mark all pieces with a pencil, disassemble, apply adhesive and reassemble.
- The fourth leg can now be measured and attached below the gun cradle using the left over ABS pipe and remaining end cap.
Step 6: Finishing It Off
- Paint to your liking
- Line the Gun Cradle with the adhesive felt
Step 7: Done!
Test it out. Good height for shooting prone or bench shooting.
Can be filled with sand etc. for additional weight if you desire.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.