- Simple to make yet can beat many of its counterparts
- Combines at least three spirit levels i.e. horizontal, vertical and 45°, in one
- 360° level i.e. works in all directions
- Accurate and precise
- Sensitivity of spirit level
- Properties of spirit level liquid like colour, surface tension and viscosity are customizable
- Shape of outer body
- Bubble size
This spirit level was not originally inspired from amoeba. Rather name was kept because it suits the spirit level. Amoeba can assume any shape. It is a cell consisting of different parts with cell membrane, cytoplasm and vacuole being the relevant ones. These features of amoeba can be found in this spirit level as follows:
- Cell membrane corresponds to the body of spirit level
- Cytoplasm corresponds to the spirit or the liquid used in spirit level
- Vacuole corresponds to the bubble of the spirit level
- The capability of amoeba assuming any shape corresponds to the level of customization this spirit level can achieve
- What is the principle of working of a spirit level?
- How to calibrate or check a spirit level?
What are the desirable properties of the liquid filled in the spirit level? For instance,
- It should not wet the surface of the tube
- It should be easily visible
- What should be the size of air bubble?
One more point. This spirit level has the spirit of spirit level and not the spirit as liquid! That's why this can be called as spirit level even when there is no spirit in it.