We traded in our trusty sling shot for a speedy zip line. Our designers(students) have been equipped with a fully stocked K'NEX supply cupboard, and a custom remote controlled K'NEX motor.
Build a remote control weapons delivery system designed to effectively eradicate the structures that the pesky birds have been building.
Build the most efficient weapons system so you'll be ready when it's your turn to fire. Next, design and build the smartest target layout when it's your turn to defend. The whole game plays out in a round robin tournament.
This project was designed specifically for my grade nine Introduction Technology course. It's jam packed full of great learning.
- Students learn elements of the design process by sketching, building, modeling and testing design solutions
- Students learn how to budget materials, and manage time and tasks within a group environment
- Student learn the basics of 3d modelling by planning target layouts in CAD
- Students learn problem solving and basic engineering skills through the design and testing of their weapons systems
- Students have fun while learning