Introduction: AXIS DESK LAMP
AXIS DESK LAMP- Files ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Step 1: Gather Materials
One piece Water Jet cut, Aluminium Sheet size 760 x 530, 1.2mm ( can use 3mm acrylic or alike)
Arduino Housing - Dove jointed stacked laser cut MDF. 1 x 6mm MDF sheet 600 x 450
Black Tinted Acrylic LED Reflector. 1 x 3mm, 600 x 450
3D Printed Silver PLA
base weight - 12mm sheet mild steel, big enough for a 125mm diameter circle.( other heavy weighted materials can be used)
Step 2: Cut and Print
Use files linked to fabricate lamp parts.
One piece Water Jet cut, Aluminium or laser cut if using acrylic
Base Details: Arduino Housing - Dove jointed stacked laser cut MDF/ Black Tinted Acrylic LED Reflector -
3D Printed Silver PLA Base Weight - 12mm Water Jet cut mild steel
Step 3: Code Arduino
Use the files attached to copy code onto your Arduino
And use the wiring diagram to test out the circuit and dimming function
Step 4: Assembly Step
- Cut the Aluminium tube down to 138mm, with half the base cut 180 degrees to a depth of 14mm.
- Stack all MDF internals to their corresponding numbers.
- Acrylic top cap can be super glued, and press fit into the top of the Aluminium tube.
- Press fit the 3D printed Cone into the Tube.
- Locate potentiometer halfway between MDF stack 3 and 4.
- Install Arduino, and led from the top down, and locate wires out of the way of the Aluminium arm.
- Press fit bottom Acrylic base
- Plug into DC
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.