Note: This Ible was made after the fact and I apologize about using the same pictures over and over, I will be adding more but they will be of the finished product. I also will be outlining the process that I used so that you can adapt this to what you have.
Step 1: Parts List
Straight edge ( T-square is recommended)
Welder (only if you want it to last a while)
2 part epoxy
I used what I had laying around for materials but this project is scalable to whatever size you need/ want/ or have room for.
List of materials:
A 45 gallon drum
- i suggest a steel drum of whatever size you want
A Bodine gear motor
- Was picked up some time ago for $10 and was doing nothing
- belt length will depend on what size of drum you use
- I attempted to use a bike inner tube but got frustrated and bought a belt...
- these will be the test stand
A selection of angle iron and re-bar the dimensions of which will come from the test stand.
2" long piece of square tubing
3" long piece of round tubing
A piece of tubing or round stock that is about 6" longer than your barrel.
A section of another barrel the about 1/2" larger than you want to loading door to be
Some of the foam for sealing around doors
2* break shoe springs
4" Long of 1/2" aluminum tubing
Various nuts and bolts from 7/16" to 9/16"