This instructable is part of the "Teacher Contest". Please vote :)
The following instructable will walk you through an art project you can do with your students to help them learn or reaffirm a variety of visual art related theories and techniques. The instructable will walk you through the project itself; for information on how to present the lesson view the lesson plan file attached.
• Learn about abstract art, the differences between abstract and representational art, terms such as geometric and organic shapes, and a selection of art history on the artist Kandinsky.
• Learn and apply a variety of watercolor painting techniques.
• Apply their knowledge of colour to a new independent assignment while learning about abstract art.
Step 1: What you will need...
- Paint brushes
- Watercolor paints
- Containers for painting water
- Paper towel
- Newsprint to cover tables
- Blank paper
- Saran wrap
- Black yarn
- White glue
- Glue sticks
- Lesson plan
- Power point file on Kandinsky
- Assignment handout